Thursday, January 12, 2012

Clean and Simple Card Making - Die Cuts

I love tone on tone cards and the way this card is created really showcases the pattern although you are using the same colors.  Here is the example:



It snowed here last night so my inspiration were snowflakes.  I love bright white against navy blue, so I decided to use navy as my background and white for the embossing.  Here I used Bazzil Cardstock and cut snowflakes from the Joys of the Season Cricut Cartridge at 2 1/2"  I used a total of 9 snowflakes.  Three are glued on top of one another to create a 3-D like dimension.  I used double sided tape to adhere them to the card rather than glue so the paper didn't wrinkle.  I love how simple this is but really makes a statement because of the pop of the snowflakes!





I do have that Memory Box Butterfly Die in the shop.... I may just have to make that one too!



2 comments: